Would you like to help improve your GP practice services?
Have you ever thought about joining our Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A PPG is a group made up of volunteer patients and members of practice staff who work together to improve the experience of patients using the practice
To find out more, please contact Jennifer Smart the Deputy Practice Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to a receptionist.
Aims of the Group
The group comprises of patients of the surgery who wish to work together with the staff and doctors to help them to meet the needs of patients, improve services and to share an understanding of issues and opportunities.
Whilst the Patient Participation Group is not a vehicle for clinical complaints it will:
- Receive reports about and comment on operational matters relating to Carmel Medical Practice and make comments or suggestions thereon;
- Establish a two-way communication between the partners, staff and patients.
You asked, we did…
By working together in a constructive and supportive way, over the last few years, we have:
- Introduced Better Health and Research Notice boards in main reception.
- Introduced publicity to reduce DNA's (Did Not Attend) with the aim of reducing missed appointments.
- Improved our telephone system to include callers number in the queue.
- Improved our deaf loop system for the hard of hearing.
- Introduced on-line ordering for repeat prescriptions.
- Discussed and agreed on Patient Survey Questionnaires.
- Published minutes of PPG meetings on the website for every patient to access.
- Improved pre-bookable appointment availability within the Practice.
- Sought patient feedback on enhanced access appointment times and acted upon the results offering patients more choice on location and times of appointments.
- Sought patient feedback about our Practice website and are making improvements.
We are always happy to accept new members. If you wish to join please contact Jennifer on 01325 520794.
PPG Meeting Minutes
September 2023 (DOCX, 37KB)